FORGE Intercooler Kit for Volkswagen Golf MK6 R
This installation is similar to all our other intercoolers for the transverse FSI and TSI VAG engines with the addition of a second front mounted core in a parallel configuration to the existing OEM front mount. This provides for the greatest possible cooling efficiency with the least negative side effects and least modification to the vehicle for installation. This particular kit is completely unique to the Golf R application, sharing no other parts with any other TWINtercooler kit we offer.
Due to some unique space constraints of the MK6 Golf R platform, this kit has a unique core, which is slightly thinner than our other cores, but it is also wider and taller, giving it overall more surface area for heat dissipation. The end tanks and mounting brackets are also unique to this application. Before and after Dyno testing quickly showed the significant gains of this intercooler were achieved in the upper range, whilst on road testing highlighted the reduction in inlet temperatures . Those involved could not believe how well this intercooler worked so well in combination with the performance software upgrade, with the engine continuing to pull hard where it had previously felt as if the power flattened off.
Please note: This intercooler does NOT fit USA models of this vehicle due to differences in the crash bumper design. For our USA model version see FMINTGOLRUS. This kit is only available with Black Hoses.
- World’s first “Twintercooler “ technology.
- Unique Twin Core design retaining the OEM intercooler.
- 10-15 BHP increase on a stock car.
- Over 15 -20 Degree drop in ambient cooling temperatures
- Includes necessary hardware and instructions for installation.
- Dyno proven horsepower and torque gains
- High flow cast end tanks ensuring optimum air transition for cooling efficiency
- NO CUTTING of the vehicle is required to fit this product
- The unique Forge Silicon hoses supplied in the “Twintercooler “ kit were designed on Solid works and have been created to include an expensive inner liner of modified silicone known as Flurosilicone.
- This liner means that the hoses are suitable for use with modern long-life coolants, Organic Acid Technology coolants (O.A.T.) and oil mist.
- The use of a Flurosilicone liner ensures that Forge silicone hoses are the best, longest lasting, and preferred choice of the discerning car enthusiasts.
- The construction of the hoses has been engineered to exceed that of the OEM fitments, and will enhance any engine bay both technically and aesthetically.
AvailabilityMost of our Forge intercoolers are stocked and ship within 1 working day. If the product is not in stock with us, expect to wait up to 6 weeks as we have to order directly from the manufacturer. To make sure you’re not hit with unexpected delays, please email us at email@example.com
Shipping and Returns
All car parts are sent via a tracked delivery service or courier, depending on the size and weight of the shipment.
Shipping to the UK can vary depending on manufacturer, but we advise customers to expect delivery of their order within 3-5 working days.
If you aren't happy with your order for whatever reason, you are able to make a return within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. To find out more about our returns policy, visit our returns page
Need advice? Contact us!