Ferodo DS Performance Front Brake Pads for BMW 1-Series (E87)
This compound has been designed specifically for road use. It combines many of the characteristics found in a pure racing material (high friction, absence of fade) but has improved cold performance, and reduced disc wear and noise.
- The key features of DS Performance are:
- High friction coefficient (0.46 average)
- Excellent disc life
- Low wheel dust
- Racing "feel"
- Low heat transmission to caliper - thus avoiding fluid boil
DS Performance is recommended for road use only. R90 compliant (EU standard for road pads).
THE DS PERFORMANCE RANGE
- Over 220 pad shapes
- Over 7000 different vehicle applications
- High friction coefficient in all conditions
- Work well from cold, with high maximum operating Temperature
- Pad look following OE and Race specification (black with red marking)
- Improved disc and pad wear performance
- R90 APPROVAL FOR EU ROAD USE
- All parts in the catalogue for European road use are R90 approved where required by law. (Models in production from 1999 onwards).
- The R90 number is marked on pads and packaging.
- This operation is performed on all of the DS PF range.
- Scorching consists of “burning” the surface of the pad.
- This significantly reduces the bedding-in time when pads are fitted onto the vehicle.
LIMITED DISC WEAR
- Many high-performance materials are too aggressive and can cause excessive disc wear.
- DS PF is formulated to give minimal disc wear for a high-performance product.
REFINEMENTDS Performance has been developed to deliver great comfort, combining passenger car refinement with pedigree performance.
With a coefficient of 0.55+ DS PF pads deliver a superb performance both hot and cold. Excellent wet recovery properties, great resistance to fade and consistent pedal feel complete all the requirements for a safe, reliable and efficient high-performance brake pad.
- Applied to the entire DS PF range.
- A thin layer of specific mix pressed between the backplate and the friction material ensures perfect pad/plate bind.
- Works as a thermal barrier preventing heat transfer through the caliper to the brake fluid.
Picture for illustration purposes only - actual kit may differ from shown.
Most of our Ferodo parts are stocked and ship within 2 working days.
To make sure you’re not hit with unexpected delays, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping and Returns
All car parts are sent via a tracked delivery service or courier, depending on the size and weight of the shipment.
Shipping to the UK can vary depending on manufacturer, but we advise customers to expect delivery of their order within 3-5 working days.
If you aren't happy with your order for whatever reason, you are able to make a return within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. To find out more about our returns policy, visit our returns page
Need advice? Contact us!